RSS

Branded Condoms

29 Aug 2006

This one is pretty lame but I’ve gotten it over a dozen times by email, which would mean it’s somewhat viral in one way or the other. The purpose isn’t anything else but humor and some twisted mind got busy thinking about the concept and started drawing it all out. I don’t know where it comes from, have totally no idea what the purpose is other than trying to amuse a certain audience. It reminds me of silly jokes we used to make in the first and second grade, trying to find ’sexual’ alternatives for generally known abbreviations or taking some brand’s slogan and ripping it out of its context, giggling girlish with anything that had something to do with women or sex. I think this is something of the same level of intelligence, but nevertheless, it’s consumer generated, it concerns brands and yeah, in one distant way or the other it sort of links to advertising as well I guess.

Brand Slogans vs. Condoms

8 Comments

Posted by Miel Van Opstal in Advertising, Humor

You must be logged in to post a comment.

1. F

August 29, 2006 at 10:28 pm

:-D

2. Michel

August 30, 2006 at 7:35 pm

well, why not have the big brands promote safe sex, and help prevent HIV?

3. Coolz0r

September 6, 2006 at 3:59 pm

I like the idea, yeah, but most likely not all the brands want to engage themselves into the field of prevention, if their brand has totally no relation to that piece of life (sexual education or STD prevention) so I doubt that there’ll ever will be a ‘globally scaled cross-brand’ action. Unfortunately.

4. Zane

July 4, 2007 at 2:12 am

I am on the process of making company branded condoms here in South Africa.

5. Alison

July 17, 2007 at 3:55 pm

I think that this is a brilliant idea I have come onto this site to show my 10 year old son all about condoms what they look like and the advantages of using them as I think that this should be instilled into them at the earliest age possible and as it is now being covered at school think that 10 is a good age. Big companies like Macdonalds and Nike should promote this image to bring our children into a safer world and to stop unwanted pregnancies Iam all for this idea

6. 非著名的著名避孕套 — 不文集

December 9, 2007 at 7:18 pm

[...] 来源 [...]

7. abi

January 7, 2008 at 4:14 pm

LMAO this is funny. but they could be very useful ;P it is a gd idea tho nd i love the captions xx

8. busy boy ( girl ) =))

February 15, 2008 at 12:14 am

mmmmmmmmmm ilike it in like da entergizer i just keep goin and goin =))

=))